Rates will not increase for Active G/GR or Retiree Coverage
Although Active G/GR rates have not increased since 2010, participants of the Health and Welfare Fund will see benefit improvements effective January 1, 2017.
The Health and Welfare Board of Trustees approved the following benefit improvements at the September 2016 board meeting:
- Increase in the adult and pediatric dental benefit from $1,000 to $1,500 annually. The orthodontia benefit will remain the same.
- Increase in the pediatric vision benefit to $250 annually.
- Enhancing coverage to the in-network level for services received in Alaska.
- Adding advanced care planning and end-of-life consultations, to include learning about available options for end-of-life care and determining which types of care best fit personal wishes.
Participants will receive the Summary Material Modification notice that will include a full description of these changes in November 2016. For additional information about these enhancements or other topics, contact the Fund Office at 913-342-6555 or visit www.bnf-kc.com.
FOR GENERATIONS, OUR MISSION HAS BEEN SIMPLE
“always protecting our Boilermaker family”
THE BOILERMAKER NATIONAL FUNDS HAVE PROTECTED GENERATIONS OF PARTICIPATING MEMBERS AND THEIR FAMILIES.
These benefits exist because the Plans’ trustees bring insight, stability and the foresight to make hard decisions to protect the Plans and its Participants. This strength guides the vision to support the health of Boilermaker members and to provide them with a dignified and secure retirement.
In 1947, the Taft-Hartley Act gave unions the right to set up mutually-managed trusts with employers, and this act paved the way for the funds Boilermakers enjoy today:
- National Health and Welfare Fund (1954)
- Boilermaker-Blacksmith National Pension Trust (1960)
- Boilermakers National Annuity Trust (1985)
Today our funds are widely recognized as some of the very best in the nation.