The International Labor Communications Association has announced that creative work produced by the International Brotherhood of Boilermakers has won eight awards of excellence in its annual International Labor Communications Association Labor Media Awards.
The Boilermakers Communications Department received the following awards:
- Writing - Best Profile: First Place for “Passion for people spur’s Boilermakers political activism” Boilermaker Reporter Issue Fall 2020
- Writing - Best Electronic Content: First Place for The IBB Update
- Visual Communications - Best Design: First Place for The Boilermaker Reporter, Winter 2020
- Visual Communications - Best Photograph: First Place for “Women in Trades: Kayla Vander Molen” Boilermaker Reporter Issue Winter 2020
- Visual Communications - Best Photo in Essay or Gallery: Second Place for “Apprentices from across U.S. shine during pandemic” Boilermaker Reporter Issue Winter 2020
- Best Multimedia Campaign: Second Place for campaign to end CESSCO lockout
- Political Action/Organizing Campaign - Best Collateral: Third Place for organizing campaign, SIFCO
- General Excellence - Print Publication: Honorable Mention for The Boilermaker Reporter
The awards were for work created in 2020. Founded in 1955, the ILCA is the professional organization of labor communicators in North America. The organization’s several hundred members produce publications with a total circulation in the tens of millions.