Group honors IBB for magazine, video and promo material
THE INTERNATIONAL LABOR Communications Association has announced that creative work produced by the International Brotherhood of Boilermakers has won 10 awards of excellence in Labor Communications.
The Boilermakers Communications Department received the following:
- Visual Communications – Photograph: First Place for the cover photo on the 2017 July-September Boilermaker Reporter
- Visual Communications – Design – Magazine: Second Place for the 2017 July-September issue of the Boilermaker Reporter
- Visual Communications – Front Page/Cover – Magazine: Third Place for the 2017 July-September issue of the Boilermaker Reporter
- Visual Communications – Photo Essay or Gallery: Third Place for “Boilermakers National Apprenticeship Competition,” 2017 October-December Boilermaker Reporter
- Saul Miller Awards for Political Action – Writing: Third Place for “LEAP delegates gather in Trump-era capital,” 2017 April-June Boilermaker Reporter
- Political Action/Organizing Campaign – Collateral: Third Place for 2017 Women Build Nations collateral material
- Visual Communications – Informational Graphic: Honorable Mention for “How Your Pension Works,” 2017 January-March Boilermaker Reporter
The Boilermaker History Preservation Department, in conjunction with Wide Awake Films, won the following:
- Electronic Media – Promotional Video: First Place for “Bank of Labor – Lobstermen Local 207”
- Electronic Media – Longform Video: First Place for “Boiler Brings Heat, Energy to College”
- Electronic Media – Education and Training Video: Second Place for “Helper Program Innovates”
The awards were for work created in 2017.
Founded in 1955, the ILCA is the professional organization of labor communicators in North America. The organization’s several hundred members produce publications with a total circulation in the tens of millions.